Pages

.

All of these moments I'll never replace...

Many of you know how important photography is to me and its use as a form of artistic expression. I have a number of obsessions that go along with that which include the collection of old camera's. There are polaroid and roll film, medium format and 35mm, working and broken.

A number of these are gifts from people and last week I was given another such gift from one of my wife's colleagues at her work.

This camera is a Montanus Delmonta. A German made TLR from the late 1950s. It seems to be in working order and will try a roll of film through it soon. It belonged to her grandfather - a keen photographer himself. She even gave me a photo of him together with his dog - Pat. Somehow, this adds to the value of the camera. What life was captured on this camera, what moments, celebrations, sadness even?

Is it not amazing how the image can speak unspoken words to us years later, even in the silence? The power of photography... - FIN


When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs.
When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.

Ansel Adams



BLOG TITLE

No comments:

Post a Comment